32 exercises to help you lose one pound.
Mix and match these 500-calorie burning workouts every day for a week, and presto, one pound gone. (Calories burned are an average)
1. 45-minute jog at a 10-minute mile pace
2. 60-minute cycling session
3. 90 minutes on the elliptical
4. 50 minutes on the Stairmaster
5. 70 minutes of resistance training – i.e. lifting weights
6. 45-minute breaststroke swim
7. 45 minute of treading water
8. 2-hour walk at a moderate pace
9. 1-hour Zumba class
10. 2-hour Power Yoga class
11. 90-minute Pilates class
12. 1-hour Barre class. A new workout craze, these ballet-inspired classes slim and tone the body with pulsing movements that target the core, arms and lower body.
13. 1 hour of dancing. Head to a studio or round up the girls for a night out.
14. 65 minutes on the ski slopes
15. 50 minutes of cross country skiing
16. 40-minute jump rope session
17. 70-minute fist fight with the punching bag. Word of advice: You may want to break this one up into two sessions to protect the knuckles.
18. 3 hours of shopping. To get the most out of opening your wallet, skip the escalators and hit the stairs like Hayden Panettiere.
19. 50 minutes of hula hooping. Yep, Kelly Osbourne was on to something. The childhood pastime burns 10 calories a minute.
20. 50 minutes of shoveling snow
21. 40 minutes of martial arts
22. 40 minutes on the rock climbing wall
23. A 50-minute beach volleyball game. The sand’s unstable surface helps you burn more calories in a shorter time frame.
24. 60 minutes on the rowing machine
25. 90-minute ride on horse back
26. 90-minute kayak ride
27. 2 ½ hours golfing, but make sure you carry the clubs!
28. 2 ½ hour hike
29. 2-hour round of tennis
30. 60 minutes surfing
31. 2 and 1/2 hours bowling
32. 2 hours of sex. To calculate how many calories you burn the next time you have sex, multiply the time in minutes by 4.2 (for men) or 3.1 (for women) to read more about this go here.