Day 1 - You have to start somewhere.
The day after christmas I reached an all-time low with an all-time high on the scale. That is when I made the choice to start focusing on this issue.
About me: Im 28. White Male. From Dallas Texas. I make roughly 40k a year. I live within 1 mile of my office. I don't own a car, but have access to one from work. Here is my 4 most recent Weigh ins from my Withings Scale:
|Date||Weight (lb)||Fat mass (%)||Lean mass (%)||Comments|
|Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:18 AM||359||47.64||52.36|
|Mon, Dec 30 2013 8:33 AM||360.2||53.75||46.25|
|Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:38 AM||361||55.78||44.22|
|Thu, Dec 26 2013 12:11 AM||360||45.98||54.02|
First Work Out for this blog.
Tuesday, December 31st, 2:00pm
Elliptical for .75 miles in 10 mins
Lat pull down, 2 sets of 10 at 85lbs, 2 sets of 10 at 100lbs.
Steam Room. 5 mins.
(this isn't very impressive, but its a start)
Some of the changes I have already began.
- No More Soda, Alcohol (with exceptions), Or factory prepared food stuff.
- Moving toward a vegetarian style diet, with hopes to go full vegan.
- Membership to a 24 hour fitness Super Sport.
- Started this blog to be motivated to stay on top of my activities.
- I've made my close friends and family that I'm making this change so they will supportive.
Some of my goals for this Blog:
- Explore motivators for weight lose. i.e. does using a tracking app or armband activity tracker have an impact?
- Explore the diet pill craze. green tea extract? green coffee bean? Garcinia cambogia? which of these actually work? likely none of them, but we will see.
- Compare and contrast diet hierarchies. Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soylent, or omnivore.
- Vitamins. Which ones should you be taking no matter what diet your on.
All this and more, I have high hopes for myself and this blog, hopefully we will see it through and by this time next year the plan is to be in the weight range 250lbs +/-
I also hope to have checked in with you guys at least once a week, with the weeks worth of weigh ins from the Withings scale. I also hope to pick a exercise app that will let me export my data and share with you all. We'll see.